- Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
These projections are estimates based on data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
If you want to enter the fascinating world of software engineering, then obtaining an associate’s degree in software engineering will provide the groundwork for you. There are basic guidelines that are required for people who want to become software engineers, which have been written by the ACM (Association for Computer Machinery). If after finishing your two-year program, you wish to enter a Bachelor’s degree program, you will be allowed to do so by following the coursework guidelines.
An associate’s degree curriculum will contain the following courses that you must pass in order to graduate:
- Informational architecture
- Computer technology
- Networks and databases
- Designing programs
In order to graduate successfully from a software engineering associate’s program, you will need to have sufficient proficiency in a specific area of computer science or technology. The curriculum varies from program to program but most online programs in software engineering apply the theory you have learned within the classroom to everyday situations which will arise when you become a software engineer.
The curriculum will include:
- Architecture of software
- Risk management
- Practical applications
Even though working online is often an autonomous exercise, there are programs that will allow you to work with other students via teleconferencing such as Skype. You may attend science, engineering or math courses within these programs. In addition, you must have some knowledge of computer programming in order to write and maintain code.
The core courses of a software engineering program include, but are not limited to:
- Program Design
- Network Security
- Software Design
- Maintaining Databases and Networks
- Object Oriented Programming
- Advanced Computer Programming
Once you have taken these core courses, you may choose to earn some credits by taking elective courses. The choice is yours and when you finish an accredited online associate’s program in software engineering, you will be equipped with a practical degree that will give you the opportunity to work anywhere that needs experienced software engineers.
Software Engineering Associate’s Degree Programs Enrolling Now
We believe that each student at Milan Institute holds the key to his or her own success. Our staff and instructors strive to help each student develop the professionalism that will open a world of creativity and knowledge. Milan Institute offers a college atmosphere conducive to learning and individual growth. Excellent training and job placement assistance enable our students to become enterprising professionals.
IBMC College offers life-changing, accelerated career training for adult learners. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, starting a new career or an individual looking to make a change, we can help you get started training for a new, rewarding career in 19 months or less!
Why IBMC College
- Flexible class schedules – Our classes run day and evening at nearby campuses, allowing you to balance the demands of a family, job or other life responsibilities – while obtaining an education on your terms.
- Hands-on learning – You learn by doing. We focus on providing you with one-on-one instruction from experienced instructors, who work with you directly to develop your skills.
- Externship experience – Our students complete an externship within their specific program of study, providing them with valuable, real world experience.
- Job placement assistance – Job placement assistance, resume writing and professional development support is provided – giving you an edge in today’s competitive job market.
- Financial aid- Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Career Training Programs
- Business Administration & Accounting
- Computer Support Specialist
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
Accreditations & Memberships
IBMC College is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools.
We are proud to support our country’s veterans. As a Yellow Ribbon Participant and recipient of the 2014 Military Friendly School® by Victory Media, Inc., providing life-changing career training is our commitment to both our civilian and military students.
Programs vary by campus.
Branford Hall Career Institute
Prestigious Branford Hall has been a leader in professional education for four decades. Branford Hall has campuses conveniently located in Branford, Southington and Windsor, Connecticut; Springfield, Massachusetts; and Albany and Bohemia, New York. Students are instructed with state-of-the-art, real-world technologies that today’s employers are seeking.
Lansdale School of Business
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
Why choose LSB?
- Convenient scheduling
- Instructors with professional qualifications who provide industry-specific insights based on real-world experience
- Lifelong placement assistance
- Financial Assistance for those who qualify