- Computer Systems Analyst
- Network Specialist
These projections are estimates based on data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
An associate’s degree in information technology will give you the opportunity to enter a career within many diverse companies. Information technology is becoming primary within certain organizations and companies need qualified people with experience in order to handle software and hardware applications.
Online programs abound in information technology. Information Technology (IT) is the study of computer processes and management of that data. IT workers are working in many different types of companies designing software and hardware, maintaining networks and Internet data and applications, etc.
There are many opportunities that are available to you as in Information Technology expert and with an associate’s degree in hand, you will be able to find a job that is interesting. Graduates with excellent people skills are able to work as IT help desk professionals within a customer service capacity. Creative IT experts can excel on the design end of technology, creating new software, for example. If you are skilled at multitasking, you can manage an entire network for a company.
You can bring your own knowledge into fields that interest you. Since the technology world is constantly in flux, you must learn how to keep up with these changes within the information technology field.
For example, you may want to maintain and design a web site while studying a degree in IT. Website design is an excellent way to earn extra money, and you can even develop your own business.
You have to have “soft” skills such as problem-solving to be able to excel in information technology. Computers can help businesses a great deal but if they are not working properly, the IT expert must come to the rescue quickly and efficiently.
Many IT professionals work autonomously, where they are the only ones who know how computer systems work. In order to communicate with people who know less about computers, you must maintain an air of non-condescension and have great people skills.
You must have excellent typing skills and hand to eye coordination to become an IT professional. If you pursue an IT career, you usually have these skills already. If you are a recent high school graduate who is considering a career in information technology, consider taking an associate’s degree in this field. You just have to ensure that the program in which you enter has accredited courses and will help you gain employment when you graduate. Most schools have counselors to help you through these decisions.
Information Technology Associate’s Degree Programs Enrolling Now
IBMC College offers life-changing, accelerated career training for adult learners. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, starting a new career or an individual looking to make a change, we can help you get started training for a new, rewarding career in 19 months or less!
Why IBMC College
- Flexible class schedules – Our classes run day and evening at nearby campuses, allowing you to balance the demands of a family, job or other life responsibilities – while obtaining an education on your terms.
- Hands-on learning – You learn by doing. We focus on providing you with one-on-one instruction from experienced instructors, who work with you directly to develop your skills.
- Externship experience – Our students complete an externship within their specific program of study, providing them with valuable, real world experience.
- Job placement assistance – Job placement assistance, resume writing and professional development support is provided – giving you an edge in today’s competitive job market.
- Financial aid- Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Career Training Programs
- Business Administration & Accounting
- Computer Support Specialist
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
Accreditations & Memberships
IBMC College is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools.
We are proud to support our country’s veterans. As a Yellow Ribbon Participant and recipient of the 2014 Military Friendly School® by Victory Media, Inc., providing life-changing career training is our commitment to both our civilian and military students.
Programs vary by campus.
- Associate - Computer Support Specialist