An associate’s degree can be earned from many different types of educational institution. Community and junior colleges award associate’s degrees in a variety of fields, both career-oriented and academic. Many of these students go on to attend 4-year colleges and universities.
State and private colleges mostly offer bachelor’s degrees, but many also have associate degree programs in the same fields for students who are aiming to hit the job market sooner. Many students, particularly those who need to work full time or have family obligations, choose to earn an associate degree from an online school or college. Career and vocational colleges are another option, since many types of associate’s degrees are career oriented in nature.
Whatever your school preference, an associate’s degree is a great place to start a path to higher education, or an entire career.
Browse Open Associate’s Degree Programs
At Remington College, we offer a variety of educational programs.
While no reputable school can guarantee employment after graduation, our programs are designed with an emphasis on helping students to prepare for entry-level employment in various career fields.
This combination of traditional teaching methods along with practical classroom experience provides an opportunity for students to apply and practice their knowledge and skills.
Not sure which program is right for you? Remington College understands that choosing a career path can be stressful for some students. That’s why we have admissions staff available to students in order to help them find an area of study that is right for them.
Some programs that may be available in your area:
- Criminal Justice
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
Why choose Remington College?
- Small class sizes
- Day or evening classes available in select programs
- Career focused educational programs
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
Simply fill out the form to receive more information about Remington College.
- Ft. Worth
- Criminal Justice - Associates
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Digital Graphic Art
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting with X-Ray Tech (Limited Scope)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Computer and Network Administration
- Pharmacy Technician - Associate
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting with X-Ray Tech (Limited Scope) - Associate
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning - Associate
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning
Since 1946, Lincoln Tech has been helping students achieve professional success through personalized career support and hands-on, job-specific education. Our in-depth training programs are designed to meet the changing needs of today’s tough job market, and cover a variety of fields, including: Health Sciences, Information Technology, Spa & Cosmetology, Automotive Technology, Welding, HVAC and Electrical.
What sets Lincoln Tech apart from other schools? Quite a few things, actually; our training programs emphasize experiential, interactive learning activities – that means you’ll do the job before you take the job. Plus, our Certificate, Diploma and Associate degree programs are designed to accelerate your entry into the job market by offering a shorter length of training, so you may be earning valuable on-the-job experience before many of your peers do.
But our strengths go beyond that. Our Lincoln instructors possess a combination of seasoned teaching skills, subject matter expertise and real world experience. Plus, we’ve built working partnerships with important industry contacts in your area. So when you graduate, we’ll help you find a good position and start your career off right.
When it comes to choosing a post-secondary educational institution, keep this in mind: our dedication to your success sets us apart from the competition – and the specialized, career-focused training you’ll receive at Lincoln will set you apart from yours. Lincoln Tech offers flexible daytime and evening programs to accommodate your busy schedule. Financial aid is available for those who qualify and Career Placement assistance is available upon graduation.
- Computer and Network Support Technician
- Nursing (Practical)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
h3. Keiser University Advantage
- Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs
- Day, Evening, and Online Classes
- Financial Aid to Those Who Qualify
- Job Placement Assistance Available
- Military-friendly, scholarships for qualified active duty personnel, Veterans, and dependants. Yellow Ribbon program participant, approved for Veterans training
Programs and delivery format vary by campus. Courses are subject to change.
Keiser University’s programs and curriculum remain in-line with technology and workforce trends, helping you develop the skills and qualifications necessary to succeed in today’s job market. Our career-focused programs make it possible for you to graduate in less time than you may think.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Information Technology
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding (Online)
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapy Assistant
- Associate of Arts in Accounting (Online Only)
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration (Online Only)
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology
- Associate of Science in Sports Medicine and Fitness Technology
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- Associate of Science in Crime Scene Technology
Cortiva Institute doesn’t just teach. We engage, excite and inspire you.
Cortiva Institute is the country’s largest dedicated massage therapy and skin care school with 30 campuses in 13 states and a national reputation for excellence that sets the industry standard.
Students choose Cortiva Institute because we care about the same things you do: innovation, real-world experience, and promoting the highest standards in education and the industry. Our culture challenges students to grow, not only academically, but personally and professionally- by training to care for others, Cortiva Institute graduates become the best versions of themselves.
The full Cortiva Institute experience gives you the tools and confidence to succeed, from our holistic, hands-on curriculum, to expert faculty- all practicing specialists in their field- who guide you every step of the way.
Our programs balance science and artistry, so you’ll love what you’re learning, whether you hope to become a massage therapist, makeup artist or aspire to specialize in skin care. The support you’ll get, from teachers and peers alike, is the best motivation to follow your dreams.
Why choose the Cortiva Institute?
- A diploma in as little as 7 1/2 months*
- Convenient Day and Night classes that fit your life
- Dynamic clinical internships built into each program
- 1,000s of jobs available across the country
- Support in finding a career that gives you joy
- Accomplished instructors and faculty to guide your development
- Financial aid available for those who qualify*
Thousands of New Job Opportunities Every Year
Cortiva’s National Career Services Department has developed a worldwide network of thousands of employers, which generates an average of more than 5,000 new job opportunities nationwide for Cortiva graduates each year.
Of course, your success ultimately depends on you. The Cortiva Institute cannot guarantee employment or salary. But our career services assistance starts when you are a student and does not stop even after you graduate. From your first job to your last in the industry – whether you need help tomorrow or ten years from now – we’re here to help you succeed.
The Cortiva Institute Illinois campuses are approved by IBHE. The Charlottesville campus is certified to operate by SCHEV.
*Programs and program length may vary by campus. Financial aid is not available for the 300-hour Skin Care Training Program at the Miami, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale campuses or the Professional Skin Care Program and Makeup Artistry & Skin Care Program at the Tampa/St.Pete campus.
- York, PA
- Massage Therapy
Find out where the future can take you with an outstanding college education. At Platt College, you’ll find the career-specific programs and training for the careers you really want. Come explore a variety of career paths that fit your lifestyle in a positive learning environment that combines real-world experience with small, private college instruction. Classes are conveniently scheduled during morning or evening hours to work around outside employment commitments. For working adults, Platt’s curriculum offers a way to continue earning a living while studying for a new career.
- Associate of Science; Medical Administrative Specialist
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Veterinary Technology
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound)
- Associate of Arts in Information Technology
PIMA Medical Institute
Find success with us at PIMA Medical Institute!
For 40 years, Pima Medical Institute has helped students change their lives, providing the training and education they need for careers in health care.
At Pima Medical Institute, we want you to succeed in the classroom and in your career. We are dedicated to providing you with quality education and hands-on experiences that help you become the type of medical professional who meets the expectations of today’s employers.
We offer certificate programs, associate degree programs and bachelor’s degree programs that fit your needs and your schedule. You can get the training you need to start your career in less than a year, earn your associate degree in less than two years, or take your career further by completing your bachelor’s degree.
You’ll take classes taught by instructors who worked in the fields they teach. You’ll get real-world experience before you graduate through externships at some of the local community’s most notable medical facilities.
When you graduate, you may find that your education, experience and professionalism will be preferred to those of your peers.
At Pima Medical Institute, your success is our success. We support you every step of the way, with financial aid available to those who qualify and career planning services to help you get the job you want
Programs vary by location.
Applicants for the Online Bachelor – Respiratory Therapy program must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and have completed a total of 71 semester credits of specific coursework at the post-secondary level by an accredited institution. Applicants must also be Registered Respiratory Therapists.
Pima Medical Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. For more information on accreditation, licensing, and approval information please visit: http://pmi.edu/PMI-Today/About-Accreditation.
- Colorado Springs
- Certificate - Veterinary Assistant
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- Associate - Veterinary Technician
Southern Technical College
Whether you need to upgrade your skills or change careers, Southern Technical College has the right program to fit your needs. Let us show you how to get the skills you need in a short amount of time so that you can get into a new career fast!
What makes Southern Technical College for you?
- Convenient Locations
- Financial Assistance For Those Who Qualify
- Hands-On Training
- Small Classes/Individualized Attention
- Career Placement Assistance
- Morning or Evening Classes Available
Why Choose Southern Technical College:
- Industry Experienced Instructors
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
- Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education
Financial Assistance and Availability
The financial aid team at Southern Technical College is committed to helping you find ways to finance your education. Our team is trained to help you overcome the financial obstacles that may be standing in the way of your education.
Southern Technical College participates in several of the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Financial Aid Programs, which are generally available to those who qualify. Visit www.studentaid.ed.gov for more information, learn more about the types of financial aid available, and consumer information, or contact your local campus to speak member of our financial aid team
Career Placement Assistance
Our career service advisors can help you with resume writing, interviewing skills, employer contacts, and the latest job search techniques. We have years of experience in helping graduates gain employment in great jobs with great companies, and we are ready to help you, too! We cannot guarantee your success, but STC has an excellent record of helping graduates find and keep jobs in their field of study. Success after graduation depends on many factors, and we are here to help you along the way!
- Southwest Campuses: Fort.Myers
- A.S. - Surgical Technician
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- A.S. - Interior Design & Decorating
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
Ultimate Medical Academy
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school-and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- Ultimate Medical Academy Online
- A.S. Medical Billing and Coding