The state of Virginia has been called the cradle of education in the United States. It is home to such notable schools as the University of Virginia and James Madison University. However, Virginia is also home to a host of community colleges, trade schools and vocational schools that offer a variety of associate degree programs to students who are not academically prepared for a traditional four-year program or simply choose to participate in a shorter educational program.
These schools offer a variety of programs some of which lead to an associate of applied science degree, and others that lead to a certificate of completion.
For those who participate in the AAS or AA degree programs, the option to transfer those credits to a four-year degree program is available. In Virginia, as in many other states, many of the universities accept all or most of the credits earned at the local community colleges and vocational schools.
An added benefit of attending a community college, trade school or vocational school in Virginia is the cost. The classes are often less expensive than the same classes offered at universities in Virginia.
Featured Schools in Virginia
Since 1946, Lincoln Tech has been helping students achieve professional success through personalized career support and hands-on, job-specific education. Our in-depth training programs are designed to meet the changing needs of today’s tough job market, and cover a variety of fields, including: Health Sciences, Information Technology, Spa & Cosmetology, Automotive Technology, Welding, HVAC and Electrical.
What sets Lincoln Tech apart from other schools? Quite a few things, actually; our training programs emphasize experiential, interactive learning activities – that means you’ll do the job before you take the job. Plus, our Certificate, Diploma and Associate degree programs are designed to accelerate your entry into the job market by offering a shorter length of training, so you may be earning valuable on-the-job experience before many of your peers do.
But our strengths go beyond that. Our Lincoln instructors possess a combination of seasoned teaching skills, subject matter expertise and real world experience. Plus, we’ve built working partnerships with important industry contacts in your area. So when you graduate, we’ll help you find a good position and start your career off right.
When it comes to choosing a post-secondary educational institution, keep this in mind: our dedication to your success sets us apart from the competition – and the specialized, career-focused training you’ll receive at Lincoln will set you apart from yours. Lincoln Tech offers flexible daytime and evening programs to accommodate your busy schedule. Financial aid is available for those who qualify and Career Placement assistance is available upon graduation.
- Automotive Technology
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Discover How You Can Learn By Doing at ECPI University!
Whether you’re looking to advance or switch your career or are just starting out, for 50 years, ECPI has been helping people just like you. Find out more about our Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree and diploma programs in Technology, Health Science, Business & Criminal Justice, or Culinary Arts.
Here’s What ECPI University Offers
- Convenient schedule options – on-campus, online, or combination
- Financial assistance – for those who qualify
- Hands-on, interactive learning
- Industry-driven curriculum developed from ongoing employer feedback
- Externships to help prepare you to “hit the ground running”
- Graduate employment services to assist you in developing your job search strategy
- Virginia Beach
- Richmond West
- Newport News
- Network Security - Associate's
- Electronic Systems Mechatronic
- Electronic Systems Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology - Associate's
- Electronics Engineering Technology - Associate's
- Web Development - Associate's
The Most Direct Path to Your New Career
Our Associate’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree programs emphasize a fast and focused method without sacrificing the quality education that students and employers demand. We constantly research the job market to make certain we are offering those career programs in which the greatest job growth is expected. We proudly offer the most direct path to your new career! To find out more, complete the Request More Information form or call and talk with an Admissions Representative at the Virginia College campus nearest you.
Career Placement Assistance
Once you have the degree, do you know how to begin your new career? Maybe you’re looking for a new profession, or just want to move ahead in the one that you already have. At Virginia College, our Career Development associates stand ready to assist you in obtaining or enhancing your career wherever you are…helping you with job placement services well beyond graduation! To find out more, complete the Request for More Information or call and talk with an Admissions Representative at the Virginia College campus nearest you.
Financial Aid Available for Those Who Qualify
One of the first questions many of our prospective students ask is, “How will I pay for college?” The answer is the right combination of financial aid programs that can help you manage the costs involved in obtaining your degree. The Financial Aid department at Virginia College is prepared to discuss how a combination of scholarships, Pell grants, and student loans are available to those who require assistance and qualify. It can be a complicated process, but we are here, ready to help you make the best decisions. To find out more, complete the Request More Information form or call and talk with an Admissions Representative at the Virginia College campus nearest you.
- Business Administration Associate
- Network and System Administration Associate's Degree
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Electrical Technician
- Culinary Arts
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma
- Pastry Arts
- Network Support Technician Diploma
- Medical Assistant Diploma
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in Paralegal Studies
- Associate of Arts in Homeland Security
- Associate of Arts in Accounting
Ultimate Medical Academy
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school-and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- Ultimate Medical Academy Online
- A.S. Medical Billing and Coding
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
American InterContinental University
You’re serious about success. Especially when it comes to pursuing an associate, bachelors or master’s degree you need to move your career forward. AIU is the Serious U, and with your busy schedule, we understand that it’s hard work finding the time to work hard. At AIU you get pacing options that work around you and a 24/7 support system by phone, email or live chat. Our classes are taught by industry specialists who bring their real-world perspective to the classroom and will work with you one-on-one when you need it.
With AIU’s accredited personalized education, we give you customized course content that allows you to read, watch, or listen based on how you learn best. At AIU, the Serious U, you can get in, get moving, and get ahead.
- Powerful specialized curriculum
- More courses devoted to your field of interest, on average than at other similar schools
- Virtual Campus
- Study anywhere, anytime and the way you learn best.
- Credit for work and military experiences to fulfill degree requirements
- Cost and value
- Our tuition includes all required books, materials, and student fees
- No application cost
- AIU Milestone Grant rewards your success
- American InterContinental University|Online
- Associate of Arts in Business Administration
- Associate of Science in Criminal Justice