In an ever-increasing, competitive job market, it’s now essential that workers have some type of higher education. Employers look fondly upon those who have gone to college and “toughed it out.” Many people opt to go to college and earn their Associate’s degree in an area, which allows them to only be in college for approximately two years and allows them to focus more intently on their desired career goal. Most colleges offer Associate’s degrees as well as Bachelor’s degrees, though research will help you determine which school is right for you.
Schools in New Mexico
PIMA Medical Institute
Find success with us at PIMA Medical Institute!
For 40 years, Pima Medical Institute has helped students change their lives, providing the training and education they need for careers in health care.
At Pima Medical Institute, we want you to succeed in the classroom and in your career. We are dedicated to providing you with quality education and hands-on experiences that help you become the type of medical professional who meets the expectations of today’s employers.
We offer certificate programs, associate degree programs and bachelor’s degree programs that fit your needs and your schedule. You can get the training you need to start your career in less than a year, earn your associate degree in less than two years, or take your career further by completing your bachelor’s degree.
You’ll take classes taught by instructors who worked in the fields they teach. You’ll get real-world experience before you graduate through externships at some of the local community’s most notable medical facilities.
When you graduate, you may find that your education, experience and professionalism will be preferred to those of your peers.
At Pima Medical Institute, your success is our success. We support you every step of the way, with financial aid available to those who qualify and career planning services to help you get the job you want
Programs vary by location.
Applicants for the Online Bachelor – Respiratory Therapy program must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and have completed a total of 71 semester credits of specific coursework at the post-secondary level by an accredited institution. Applicants must also be Registered Respiratory Therapists.
Pima Medical Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. For more information on accreditation, licensing, and approval information please visit: http://pmi.edu/PMI-Today/About-Accreditation.
- El Paso
- Albuquerque West
- Certificate - Veterinary Assistant
- Associate - Dental Hygiene
- Associate - Radiography
- Associate - Respiratory Therapy
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
- Associate - Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Certificate - Sterile Processing Technician
Why Choose a Technical Career Program at IntelliTec?
IntelliTec Colleges offers career-focused training in allied health care, business, and technology, leading to a Professional Certificate or an Associate of Occupational Studies degree.
- Graduate career placement assistance
- Day and evening classes offered year round
- Practical, hands-on experience in class
- Career-specific training equipment
- Financial assistance is available to those who qualify – this can be determined during your visit at the Campus.
- Most certificate programs and associate degree programs approved for the training of veterans
Each of the IntelliTec College campuses has a dedicated Career Service Department. The primary purpose of the Career Services Department is to assist IntelliTec College graduates in obtaining employment in their areas of specialization.
Our Career Services Department offers assistance to help you find a job.
About IntelliTec Colleges
IntelliTec Colleges has been training people for various careers in Colorado since 1965. Campus locations include Colorado Springs, Grand Junction and Pueblo.
IntelliTec Colleges’ mission is to provide excellent career training. Our goal is to produce skilled, employable graduates with our certificate programs and associate degree programs.
IntelliTec Colleges are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
All of IntelliTec Colleges are approved and regulated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private Occupational School Board.
IntelliTec Colleges is a member of the Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities and the Colorado Association of Career Colleges and Schools.
- Computer Systems Technician
- Automotive Technician
Four Great Reasons To Choose Carrington
ONE-ON-ONE TUITION PLANNING
More than 80% of Carrington College students use some form on financial aid1 to help cover the cost of their education2. That’s why we offer personalized counseling from a Student Finance Advisor to help make your college experience more affordable.
1. Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
2. Percentage calculated by Carrington College for the 2015-16 school year.
You want a hands-on career, and your Carrington College education will help get you there. From blood draws to x-rays, our courses are designed to let you practice your skills in the lab so you’ll be ready for your career when you graduate.
You can feel confident knowing your instructors are bringing years of real-world experience in to the classroom. Our qualified instructors are dedicated to helping prepare you for your future. They know what skills you’ll use in your career, and they’ll teach you what matters.
Carrington offers you the opportunity to practice your skills in the real-world before you graduate. Clinical rotations and externships are an important part of your education. You’ll get to learn from professionals in your chosen career field and make important connections for your future.
Carrington College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC/WASC), 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415)506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at www.accjc.org.
- Phoenix East
- Registered Nursing - Associate of Science
- Dental Assisting - Certificate
- Medical Assisting - Certificate
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
- Massage Therapy - Certificate
- Pharmacy Technology - Certificate
- Physical Therapy Technology- Certificate
- Respiratory Care - Associate of Science
Enroll in a New Future at Vista College
Earn a Certificate, Diploma or Associate Degree in one of many careers!
Vista College offers numerous educational programs in Business, Healthcare, Technology and many other trades. Get the edge you need when looking for a new career or seeking to move up in your current occupation. The focused instruction and hands-on training offered at Vista College helps prepare you for the day-to-day challenges you’ll face in the real world.
Select from the following programs at Vista College:
Certificates and Diplomas
- Business Administration
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
- Electrical Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Construction Technology
- Information Technology
- Vocational/Practical Nurse
- Business Management
- Business Management-Accounting
- Business Management-Human Resources
- Construction Management
- Criminal Justice
- Medical Assistant
- Information Technology
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Network Administration *online only
- Trades Management-Electrical Technician
- Trades Management-HVAC
- Veterinary Technician
- Medical Lab Technician
- Patient Care Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Business Management *online only
Vista College offers detailed instruction and in-depth training. We also provide additional tools you’ll need to gain a competitive edge in your job search after graduation.
Take advantage of these Vista College services:
- Day or evening classes
- Learn from industry experts
- Convenient class schedules
- Career Services Assistance for graduates
- Financial aid available for those who qualify
- Plus much more!
*Not all programs offered at all locations.
Enroll in a fresh start today at Vista College!
Vista College is accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Vista College is recognized as being a military friendly college through the Servicemembers Opportunities Colleges (SOC)
3871 Stagg Dr. Suite 194,
College Station, TX
2704 Texas Avenue S.,
El Paso, TX
6101 Montana Ave.,
1001 S. Fort Hood St.,
Las Cruces, NM
850 North Telshore Blvd., Suites F-G.,
1905 W Loop 281, Suite 21.,
4620 50th St.,
Fort Smith, AR
1200 S. Waldron Rd Suite 122
300 N. Coit Road, Suite 300, Richardson, TX 75080
Vista College is institutionally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education, 7840 Roswell Road, Building 300 Suite 325 Atlanta Georgia 30350, (770) 396-3898.
Vista College online campus is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges – ACCSC. 2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302 Arlington, VA 22201
- El Paso
- Construction Technology-Diploma
- Information Systems Security and Assurance-Associate
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding-Associate
- Construction Management-Associate
- Information Technology-Associate
- Medical Lab Technician-Associate
- Trades Management-HVAC-Associate
- Medical Assistant-Associate
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding-Diploma
- Electrical Technician-Diploma
- Dental Assistant-Diploma
- Medical Assistant-Diploma
- Criminal Justice-Associate
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.
- Ashworth College
- Pharmacy Technician
- Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Medical Transcription
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Tax Preparation
- Payroll Clerk
- Gourmet Cooking and Catering
- Sterile Processing
- Computer Service and Repair
- Travel Agent
- Medical Office Assistant
- Accounting Basics
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Electronic Health Records Management
An Education That Pays Off
Think you can’t afford your degree? Think again! At IU, we’ll help you get the financial aid you qualify for, from federal loans to a variety of grants and scholarships. With IU, your degree is more affordable than you may think.
Fresh Start Scholarships
Our scholarship programs can help you get a fresh start and focus on what’s most important: pursuing your degree. There are many excellent scholarship options available to those who qualify.*
Get personalized support with free tutoring, student advisers, and career services.
Start whenever you’re ready and study anytime, anywhere you have Internet access.
Get a laptop and a tablet to use in school and keep when you graduate!**
Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education.
*Scholarship awards are limited and only available to those who qualify. See www.scholarshipshc.com for details.
**Does not apply to master’s programs.
Independence University admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin.
- Software and Mobile Application Development (BS)
- Business Management & Accounting (AAS)
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Graphic Arts (AAS)
The Purdue Global Advantage
A name that opens doors. Practical skills to succeed. And a clear path to advance your career.
This is innovation. This is extreme personalization. This is a world-class education that’s tailored to the unique needs of working adults. Now you can earn a degree from an accredited online university that is part of the respected Purdue University system. Our innovative approach to teaching and modern curriculum give you the skills you need to make an immediate impact on your career-and the edge to conquer whatever comes next. Because this is education designed for you. This is Purdue Global.
Take 3 Weeks to Get to Know Us
Experience a Purdue Global undergraduate program for an introductory 3-week period. There’s no financial obligation beyond the application fee.
With the Purdue Global Commitment, you can try our classes before you owe any tuition. We stand behind the quality of our education and believe you should have the opportunity to experience real classes for real credits before making a decision.
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assisting
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate