Here in the United States, associate degrees are offered by community technical and junior colleges and some senior colleges and universities.
In the District of Columbia, there are about 8 institutions that offer these degrees, which cover a wide range of courses in different fields. The fees charged in DC are slightly higher than the average fees for similar courses in other states in America.
Schools in District of Columbia
At Brightwood College, we offer accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience focused on helping you gain skills for your chosen career.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
Within the classroom, it is our mission to not only provide vocational training, but to help you develop the professional skills, values, attitudes and strategies that will enhance your potential for success on campus, in your career and through life.
The success of our students is our greatest success. Because when our students succeed, we’ve completed the job we set out to do: empower the courageous, and enable real and relevant change.
- Electrical Technician
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Certificate
- Medical Assistant - Diploma
- Computer Support Technician
Ashworth offers respected, affordable online degree programs and expert guidance to help you meet your goals while balancing work and family. Now you can get the precise training you need to become the professional you’ve always wanted to be. And you can go as far as your education takes you.
- Ashworth College
- Electronic Health Records Management
- Accounting Basics
- Computer Service and Repair
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Gourmet Cooking and Catering
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Transcription
- Pharmacy Technician
- Travel Agent
- Tax Preparation
- Payroll Clerk
- Sterile Processing
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job
- Career Step
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing - Certificate
- Medical Transcription Editor - Certificate