These projections are estimates based on data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
An associate’s degree in General Studies is mostly self-explanatory. If you are uncertain or undecided about a major, an associate’s degree in General Studies will afford you the opportunity of obtaining a degree and studying a curriculum that is designed to give you a good background in an educational setting. This will give you the chance to investigate different educational options. When you graduate from this program, you will be able to enter an accredited four-year college or university. The associate’s degree gives you a chance to study without pressure – on your own time and at your own pace.
The associate’s degree in General Studies is comprised of the requisites of the General Educational System. There are seven objectives within the degree:
- You will be able to express yourself in a written manner in an effective way in order for others to understand.
- You will be able to utilize your communication skills in an effective and responsible manner through listening and speaking.
- You will comprehend and explore humanities via the human experience.
- You will comprehend and explore the world community by studying social sciences.
- You will comprehend the general principles of science and be able to utilize the scientific method in order to explore the world.
- You will comprehend and explore the fundamentals of math through algebra and advanced mathematical principles.
- You will comprehend and be aware of the cultural differences around you in order to be ready to work and live within a multilingual and multicultural world.
There will be an assessment of these goals at the culmination of your degree. There is a proficiency examination which will test your knowledge of the General Studies curriculum and you must pass it to be able to transfer your credits to a four-year institution of higher learning.
General Studies Associate’s Degree Programs Enrolling Now