- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Secretary
These projections are estimates based on data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
An associate’s degree in Medical Office administration will give you the opportunity to perform managerial activities within doctor’s offices, health care organizations and hospitals. You may also take specialized classes that are related to the insurance industry as it pertains to medical and health insurance. The degree in medical office administration will afford you the training necessary to become a qualified administrative assistant or even a supervisor within a doctor’s office. You will be given enough training to be able to keyboard, work within databases, word processing and accounting, as well.
An accredited online associate’s degree program in medical office administration will function as a conduit to find a career within a variety of organizations. You will have no problem navigating within a medical office and be able to take on numerous responsibilities. As a graduate from a medical office administration program, you will have enough knowledge in computer technology and office skills.
You must be prepared, after you graduate, to take over many professional tasks within a business environment. There are many different courses that prepare you for this but the curriculum for a solid medical office administration degree will include:
- Database management
- Computer upkeep and general technology
- Team-building skills and management
- Administration of projects
- Management of medical records
- Business math
When you graduate, you will also be able to obtain an entry-level position within an office environment. In order to advance, you must have the following skills:
- Presentation skills
- Be proficient in applications of Microsoft Office, such as PowerPoint
- Have organizational skills and have good record-keeping abilities
- Be able to arrange travel and appointments for the personnel
- Business skills, in order to deal with insurance companies and other hospitals and medical facilities
The associate’s degree in medical office administration prepares you to function as a medical assistant in addition to having the academic equivalent of an associate’s degree in general science.
A good curriculum must also prepare you to:
- keep financial records,
- supervise personnel within an office setting,
- administer health policy information,
- plan conferences
- coordinate and schedule meetings
- be in contact with the public at all times,
- be proficient in specific legal regulations
A Medical Office Administrator must have a great deal of patience, be organized and detail-oriented in addition to having the people skills necessary to deal with all aspects of the medical field.
Medical Office Associate’s Degree Programs Enrolling Now
At Kaplan College, we create programs with our students’ needs in mind. Our goal is to empower you with the real-world knowledge you need to succeed beyond the classroom. We offer a variety of programs at 40 campuses across 10 states in various degree levels to help train you for entry-level employment in a variety of rewarding careers.
- San Antonio San Pedro
- Fort Worth
- Medical Office Specialist
We believe that each student at Milan Institute holds the key to his or her own success. Our staff and instructors strive to help each student develop the professionalism that will open a world of creativity and knowledge. Milan Institute offers a college atmosphere conducive to learning and individual growth. Excellent training and job placement assistance enable our students to become enterprising professionals.
- Nursing Assistant
Pioneer Pacific College
With focused career training at Pioneer Pacific College, you can launch an exciting career in less than a year. At Pioneer Pacific College, we are dedicated to helping you quickly gain the education and skills needed for today’s most in-demand careers. Plus, we’ll work around your busy life, with programs that are available on day or evening schedules.
To launch a new career in just months, RESPOND TODAY!
- Health Career Institute (Wilsonville)
- Diploma in Medical Assisting with Limited X-ray
- Diploma in Practical Nursing
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting with Limited X-ray
Dorsey Schools are postsecondary institutions that provide short term comprehensive training to prepare students for promising career opportunities in fields such as cosmetology, culinary arts, healthcare, legal and skilled trades.
Today Dorsey is proudly represented by thousands of successful graduates working in their chosen careers throughout Michigan, because employers know they can feel confident hiring a Dorsey graduate.
Dorsey Schools has one main mission: to better educate their students, thus improving career opportunities available to them. This is why the entire staff of Dorsey Schools strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career training in a variety of fields. Each program at Dorsey Schools is committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement – enabling the development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline and confidence in each graduate, coupled with an obligation to the communities where they live and work.
- Clinical Nurse Aide
- Patient Care Technician
Florida Career College
Florida Career College’s mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements.
- Create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals.
- Generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods.
- Maintain a qualified, caring faculty and staff dedicated to the personal and professional development of each student.
- Remain at the forefront of education by supporting continuing education and training for graduates, faculty, and staff.
- Instill a quality philosophy in students, staff, and faculty to continually exceed expectations.
- Prepare and encourage students to pursue life-long learning.
At Florida Career College, we firmly believe that good training is the primary factor in achieving personal success.
- FCC Orlando
- Patient Care Technician - DIP