- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Secretary
These projections are estimates based on data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
An associate’s degree in Medical Office administration will give you the opportunity to perform managerial activities within doctor’s offices, health care organizations and hospitals. You may also take specialized classes that are related to the insurance industry as it pertains to medical and health insurance. The degree in medical office administration will afford you the training necessary to become a qualified administrative assistant or even a supervisor within a doctor’s office. You will be given enough training to be able to keyboard, work within databases, word processing and accounting, as well.
An accredited online associate’s degree program in medical office administration will function as a conduit to find a career within a variety of organizations. You will have no problem navigating within a medical office and be able to take on numerous responsibilities. As a graduate from a medical office administration program, you will have enough knowledge in computer technology and office skills.
You must be prepared, after you graduate, to take over many professional tasks within a business environment. There are many different courses that prepare you for this but the curriculum for a solid medical office administration degree will include:
- Database management
- Computer upkeep and general technology
- Team-building skills and management
- Administration of projects
- Management of medical records
- Business math
When you graduate, you will also be able to obtain an entry-level position within an office environment. In order to advance, you must have the following skills:
- Presentation skills
- Be proficient in applications of Microsoft Office, such as PowerPoint
- Have organizational skills and have good record-keeping abilities
- Be able to arrange travel and appointments for the personnel
- Business skills, in order to deal with insurance companies and other hospitals and medical facilities
The associate’s degree in medical office administration prepares you to function as a medical assistant in addition to having the academic equivalent of an associate’s degree in general science.
A good curriculum must also prepare you to:
- keep financial records,
- supervise personnel within an office setting,
- administer health policy information,
- plan conferences
- coordinate and schedule meetings
- be in contact with the public at all times,
- be proficient in specific legal regulations
A Medical Office Administrator must have a great deal of patience, be organized and detail-oriented in addition to having the people skills necessary to deal with all aspects of the medical field.
Medical Office Associate’s Degree Programs Enrolling Now
A college education is important in today’s workforce. Kaplan College gives you the right mix of professional experience and classroom instruction in our accelerated programs to help you succeed in your new career! Kaplan College can help you train for a new career with diploma programs ranging in just a few months. Take advantage of all the benefits Kaplan College offers today!
- San Antonio San Pedro
- Clovis (Fresno)
- Fort Worth
- Palm Springs
- SE Indianapolis
- Salida (Modesto)
- Medical Office Specialist
Dorsey Schools are postsecondary institutions that provide short term comprehensive training to prepare students for promising career opportunities in fields such as cosmetology, culinary arts, healthcare, legal and skilled trades.
Today Dorsey is proudly represented by thousands of successful graduates working in their chosen careers throughout Michigan, because employers know they can feel confident hiring a Dorsey graduate.
Dorsey Schools has one main mission: to better educate their students, thus improving career opportunities available to them. This is why the entire staff of Dorsey Schools strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career training in a variety of fields. Each program at Dorsey Schools is committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement – enabling the development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline and confidence in each graduate, coupled with an obligation to the communities where they live and work.
- Madison Heights
- Patient Care Technician
Career Quest Learning Centers
Are you ready to make a positive change in your life? Want to enhance your current skill set to advance in your career? Career Quest Learning Centers is ready to help you reach your professional goals! We can provide you with career training programs, instructors, and student services, but taking the first step starts with you!
Career Quest Learning Centers’ career training programs are designed for motivated and focused students just like you! We offer short-term, flexible programs in the business, healthcare and information technology fields that can equip you with career-ready skills in less time than you may think. In fact, many of our programs can be completed in just three weeks to nine months.
- Certified Nurse Aide
Florida Career College
Florida Career College’s mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements.
- Create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals.
- Generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods.
- Maintain a qualified, caring faculty and staff dedicated to the personal and professional development of each student.
- Remain at the forefront of education by supporting continuing education and training for graduates, faculty, and staff.
- Instill a quality philosophy in students, staff, and faculty to continually exceed expectations.
- Prepare and encourage students to pursue life-long learning.
At Florida Career College, we firmly believe that good training is the primary factor in achieving personal success.
- Pembroke Pines
- Patient Care Technician - DIP
Anthem College delivers accredited, career-focused diplomas and degrees in a wide variety of fields to help you meet the challenges of these fast growing and ever changing industries.
At Anthem College, you will find professionals ready to support your quest for a successful career. Anthem College offers programs to students who are entering the workforce for the first time as well as those who are looking to expand their existing career skills.
- Patient Care Technician - DIP
- Medical Front Office and Billing - DIP