- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Secretary
These projections are estimates based on data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
An associate’s degree in Medical Office administration will give you the opportunity to perform managerial activities within doctor’s offices, health care organizations and hospitals. You may also take specialized classes that are related to the insurance industry as it pertains to medical and health insurance. The degree in medical office administration will afford you the training necessary to become a qualified administrative assistant or even a supervisor within a doctor’s office. You will be given enough training to be able to keyboard, work within databases, word processing and accounting, as well.
An accredited online associate’s degree program in medical office administration will function as a conduit to find a career within a variety of organizations. You will have no problem navigating within a medical office and be able to take on numerous responsibilities. As a graduate from a medical office administration program, you will have enough knowledge in computer technology and office skills.
You must be prepared, after you graduate, to take over many professional tasks within a business environment. There are many different courses that prepare you for this but the curriculum for a solid medical office administration degree will include:
- Database management
- Computer upkeep and general technology
- Team-building skills and management
- Administration of projects
- Management of medical records
- Business math
When you graduate, you will also be able to obtain an entry-level position within an office environment. In order to advance, you must have the following skills:
- Presentation skills
- Be proficient in applications of Microsoft Office, such as PowerPoint
- Have organizational skills and have good record-keeping abilities
- Be able to arrange travel and appointments for the personnel
- Business skills, in order to deal with insurance companies and other hospitals and medical facilities
The associate’s degree in medical office administration prepares you to function as a medical assistant in addition to having the academic equivalent of an associate’s degree in general science.
A good curriculum must also prepare you to:
- keep financial records,
- supervise personnel within an office setting,
- administer health policy information,
- plan conferences
- coordinate and schedule meetings
- be in contact with the public at all times,
- be proficient in specific legal regulations
A Medical Office Administrator must have a great deal of patience, be organized and detail-oriented in addition to having the people skills necessary to deal with all aspects of the medical field.
Medical Office Associate’s Degree Programs Enrolling Now
Pioneer Pacific College
With focused career training at Pioneer Pacific College, you can launch an exciting career in less than a year. At Pioneer Pacific College, we are dedicated to helping you quickly gain the education and skills needed for today’s most in-demand careers. Plus, we’ll work around your busy life, with programs that are available on day or evening schedules.
To launch a new career in just months, RESPOND TODAY!
- Health Career Institute (Wilsonville)
- Diploma in Medical Assisting with Limited X-ray
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Assisting with Limited X-ray
A college education is important in today’s workforce. Kaplan College gives you the right mix of professional experience and classroom instruction in our accelerated programs to help you succeed in your new career! Kaplan College can help you train for a new career with diploma programs ranging in just a few months. Take advantage of all the benefits Kaplan College offers today!
- San Antonio San Pedro
- Medical Office Specialist
As a student at Southeastern College, you will gain the training, skills, and knowledge you need to start a rewarding career in growing occupations such as practical nursing, emergency medical services, medical assisting, massage therapy, and pharmacy technology. Our career-focused programs and flexible class schedules make Southeastern a great choice for busy working adults.
- Diploma in Medical Assisting