- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Secretary
These projections are estimates based on data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
An associate’s degree in Medical Office administration will give you the opportunity to perform managerial activities within doctor’s offices, health care organizations and hospitals. You may also take specialized classes that are related to the insurance industry as it pertains to medical and health insurance. The degree in medical office administration will afford you the training necessary to become a qualified administrative assistant or even a supervisor within a doctor’s office. You will be given enough training to be able to keyboard, work within databases, word processing and accounting, as well.
An accredited online associate’s degree program in medical office administration will function as a conduit to find a career within a variety of organizations. You will have no problem navigating within a medical office and be able to take on numerous responsibilities. As a graduate from a medical office administration program, you will have enough knowledge in computer technology and office skills.
You must be prepared, after you graduate, to take over many professional tasks within a business environment. There are many different courses that prepare you for this but the curriculum for a solid medical office administration degree will include:
- Database management
- Computer upkeep and general technology
- Team-building skills and management
- Administration of projects
- Management of medical records
- Business math
When you graduate, you will also be able to obtain an entry-level position within an office environment. In order to advance, you must have the following skills:
- Presentation skills
- Be proficient in applications of Microsoft Office, such as PowerPoint
- Have organizational skills and have good record-keeping abilities
- Be able to arrange travel and appointments for the personnel
- Business skills, in order to deal with insurance companies and other hospitals and medical facilities
The associate’s degree in medical office administration prepares you to function as a medical assistant in addition to having the academic equivalent of an associate’s degree in general science.
A good curriculum must also prepare you to:
- keep financial records,
- supervise personnel within an office setting,
- administer health policy information,
- plan conferences
- coordinate and schedule meetings
- be in contact with the public at all times,
- be proficient in specific legal regulations
A Medical Office Administrator must have a great deal of patience, be organized and detail-oriented in addition to having the people skills necessary to deal with all aspects of the medical field.
Medical Office Associate’s Degree Programs Enrolling Now
Ultimate Medical Academy
At Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) we specialize in healthcare education in a supportive atmosphere that promotes student success. We educate future allied health professionals through our online classroom and at our campuses in Clearwater and Tampa, Florida. Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students for careers in the healthcare industry.
- Ultimate Medical Academy Online
- A.S. Health Sciences - Medical Administrative Assistant
Anthem College delivers accredited, career-focused diplomas and degrees in a wide variety of fields to help you meet the challenges of these fast growing and ever changing industries.
At Anthem College, you will find professionals ready to support your quest for a successful career. Anthem College offers programs to students who are entering the workforce for the first time as well as those who are looking to expand their existing career skills.
- Patient Care Technician - DIP
Florida Career College
Florida Career College’s mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements.
- Create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals.
- Generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods.
- Maintain a qualified, caring faculty and staff dedicated to the personal and professional development of each student.
- Remain at the forefront of education by supporting continuing education and training for graduates, faculty, and staff.
- Instill a quality philosophy in students, staff, and faculty to continually exceed expectations.
- Prepare and encourage students to pursue life-long learning.
At Florida Career College, we firmly believe that good training is the primary factor in achieving personal success.
- Patient Care Technician - DIP
Ultimate Medical Academy
At Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) we train future allied health professionals at our campuses in Clearwater and Tampa, Florida. Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students for careers in healthcare.
- Basic X-Ray with Medical Office Procedures
- Medical Clinical Lab Assistant
Spencerian College has been educating students since 1892 and is part of the Sullivan University system which is Kentucky’s largest private college system with over 6,000 students. Spencerian offers career-focused curriculums in business, medical and technical fields. Spencerian College is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award certificates, diplomas, and Associate degree programs. The mission of Spencerian College is to provide men and women with quality training for careers in the business, technical and health care professions.
- Respiratory Therapy
- Patient Care Assistant