- City Planner
- Program Manager
These projections are estimates based on data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
An associate’s degree in Public Administration gives the student the necessary tools to work within the arena of public service, which includes governmental and non-profit jobs. The programs in Public Administration also encompass public policy, analysis and research.
The associate’s degree in Public Administration is offered by some accredited colleges. Since most people who take online courses work, the programs focus on the flexibility of a curriculum in order to obtain a degree. The curriculum within a Public Administration program includes:
- Public policy
- Tools of research and analysis
- Public finance
- Organizational principles of public behavior
- Ethics in the law
If after two years, you decide that you want to pursue a Bachelor’s degree, those online options are open to you as well.
When you finish the core courses above, you may want to choose from different electives within your interest. The specialized courses include, but are not limited to:
- Policy in public health
- Forming policy
- Managing local government
- Homeland security
- Creating and maintaining policy
- Budgeting and financing
An online associate’s degree in Public Administration will prepare you for various public service jobs in the public sector of government or within non-profit companies. Governmental employment may encompass formation of policy or analyzing and managing budgets. Some jobs include:
- City Planner
- Government Director
- Marketing Director
- Program Manager
An associate’s in Public Administration obviously deals with the public so you must have those skills to work within this sector. It is incumbent upon you to find a program that will fit your specialized interest in Public Administration and an associate’s degree may start you in the right direction.
Public Administration Associate’s Degree Programs Enrolling Now
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Arts in Paralegal Studies