- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Agent
These projections are estimates based on data from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Professionals in real estate are concerned with the complex process of selling and buying different types of properties in real estate. They have competencies in making sure the property has a fair price, getting homeowner’s insurance for the parties involved, making sure that properties are secure and safe and of course, writing out the documents necessary that are related to closings, titles, and taxes.
A real estate student must pursue license training on the specific area of real estate and pass a rigorous test. Although the requisites for real estate brokers vary from state to state, the real estate license is only given to students who gain training equivalent to a bachelor’s degree. Associate degree students wishing to gain a license must pursue further courses in real estate such as:
- home and building inspection
- technology of construction
- certain math courses
To be able to attain a license in real estate, students must make sure they are taking accredited courses in the complex field of real estate. There are many online associate degrees in real estate that are specialized depending on which field of real estate you wish to pursue. Many students opt to choose this route because they can continue working while undertaking an associate’s degree in real estate.
You must also have the requisite people skills necessary in order to become a good real estate agent. Learning all the theory and terminology in classes is fine, but you must have the expertise necessary to compete in the field. You must also understand that although you may earn a base salary, the main income of real estate agents lies in commissions. Obviously the industry is dependent on the market in any given area but it’s safe to say that no matter how the market is doing, people will always be in need of a place to live and/or work.
Real Estate Associate’s Degree Programs Enrolling Now
Keiser University eCampus Online
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online? Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
From admissions to faculty, our staff is dedicated to student care:
- One-class-at-a-time scheduling. Instead of juggling multiple assignments and exams, take one class for four weeks before moving on.
- Small classes with accessible staff and faculty that foster a student-centered learning community
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology and user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources that include information and access to all student services
- Financial aid and scholarships are available for those who qualify
- Military friendly. Keiser University offers scholarships to qualified veterans, active-duty military personnel and their dependents. Keiser is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant and approved for veterans training.
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and a valued choice for career-motivated students. Keiser University Online offers degrees in fields that are in demand and provides job placement assistance to its students and alumni. We research trends for growing fields and tailor our curriculum to prepare students for entry and advancement to rewarding careers.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Keiser University eCampus Online
- Associate of Arts in Accounting